The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The B24s - the team of volunteers I began my service with - are Closing their Service in one month. I can't believe how quickly that is coming up! Even though I don't get see them as often as I would like, its going to be heartbreaking watching them go.

However, I can't tell you how thankful I am that I made the decision to move my own COS date.  When I started the reinstatement process after getting medical clearance from my surgeon, I was given the option to keep the original COS date (the middle of October), or move it to a later date to try and recover some of the time I lost during my 9 month "sabbatical." At the time, it was hard to project my feelings more than a year out, but I had a feeling that if I chose to leave around this time, I wouldn't be ready. 

And its true - I can't tell you how excited I am about these next 7 and a half months! And how unsure I am if I'll be ready to leave in April anyway... I LOVE MY JOB. And my colleagues. And the kids I get the pleasure of working with on a daily basis. And the incredible mutual respect I feel here. 

And I can't express how insanely excited I am about some of the projects that may be coming to fruition here in the next couple of months.

EXCITING STUFF!!! 

No comments: