The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The great pinata adventure!!


Today started out great... woke up early, had an actual homecooked breakfast with a new friend, talked about life and Jesus, and then had an early start to what promised to be a productive day.

Then I got some bad news at work (bad news of the "yet another one of your 14 year old students is about to get married" kind).

So I went home, made some orange halloween cookies for the kinderbabies, then tackled my pinata.

And the good news is that it is finally dry! WOOHOO!!! With plenty of time to get painted.

The bad news is that I should have dug a little deeper into my chasm of lost high school science information: if you make a balloon form, papier-mache pinata in a cold Bulgarian kitchen, and then move it to a room with a heater, it WILL explode.

FACT.


My perfect, spherical, just BEGGING to be turned into the world's most amazing Jack O Lantern pinata... pinata.

Take THAT - those of you who said it couldn't be done with just newspaper, flour and water. HA.



Oops.....

But its ok. I kinda needed a good laugh today.... :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vic and Suebee said...

I'm so sorry!! :} But now you know how to do it! :D

Anonymous said...

You are more then welcome to come back to middle school science if you need it. I know a really really good teacher! :)