The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Introduction to cupcakes

So I guess if I'd thought about it, I should have realized these kids have never seen a cupcake. If I'd realized that, I would have handed them out with a warning to not eat the paper wrapper.... haha. Don't worry though, as soon as I saw the first kid try, I quickly put an end to that and "demonstrated" paper removal.

My mom had sent me these cute little sets of Valentine's cupcake wrappers and toothpicks with hearts on them. I definitely got a kick out of the kids trying to eat the cupcakes using the toothpicks as a utensil... hahaha. I gathered them up, and they were thrilled to learn that I was not only giving them permission to eat with their hands, but making it so they had to!! Too cute.



Lots of concentration involved when trying to eat a cupcake... with a toothpick.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: