The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Monday, May 31, 2010

"I thank my God every time I remember you."
Phil 1:3


Photos from Memorial Day 2009

YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!
POW*MIA


Since my senior of high school when I was working on a The Things They Carried "Creative Whatever" project for my AP English teacher, I've gone downtown on Memorial Day every year that I've been home and able. I love seeing the pride, loyalty, and community that is embodied by every veteran and patriotic American that shows up in our Nationa's Capital throughout the weekend to remember those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I remember one conversation that first year that brought a leather-clad, Harley-riding, burley Vietnam Vet from Rolling Thunder to tears: "We thought your generation had forgotten us."

Regardless of your stance on war and politics, don't forget to say a prayer for all those still waiting for loved ones to come home. Say a prayer for every soul that gave their life for our country. Say a prayer that we'll be a generation that WON'T forget.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vic and Suebee said...

Amen, Katie! :D God bless our troops!