The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

This time next week, I'll be on my way HOME for two weeks!! I'm feeling really good about the direction things are headed with work and life here, but I think that this quick visit home will give me the perfect boost to tackle the last 8 months of my Peace Corps service.

The last "trip" home wasn't exactly planned (ha - that may be an understatement if ever there was one), and I went straight to the hospital where my first meal was a relatively stale peanut butter and jelly sandwich... so this time I'm doing things right. I actually have a flight reservation, my bags will be packed by myself this time (with an appropriate ratio of undergarments and socks... hehe), I HAVE a passport, and as soon as I get home, I can greet my four legged beast however I want! Last time was a bit crazy for all involved, and Cleo was disappointed that I remained "broken" and unable to truly play for months and months.

I realize I have an unhealthy relationship with her, but how can I not???

Look at her:


This week could not go fast enough!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I am excited you get to come home for a couple of weeks!

Katie F. said...

AHHH! HOPE I'M SO EXCITED!! I just hate knowing how slow this week is going to go, and how FAST my two weeks at home will be! But I wouldn't trade it, thats for sure. :)