The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My water heater is giving me problems... Again. It's been leaking, and although the hot water knobs in both sinks work, its not working at all in the shower.

I went next door to my neighbor's to ask him for help after work today, and he answered the door in only his underwear.

15 minutes later he comes over to help (fully clothed), takes off the bottom of the heater, and rust and water pours out.

He grunts, goes next door, and returns a couple minutes later in his bathing suit.



He starts taking the water heater apart, and this is the first indication I have that maybe this job isn't going to be pretty...


And when your decade old (at least?) heat source looks like this:


You will probably have this sludge to clean up... and thats not including the bucket of slime and grime he walked out to the dumpster with.


Haha, I've been bathing in that water for 9 months now. Yummy.

Never a dull moment!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vic and Suebee said...

BUMMER!!! I'm so sorry! Hope it gets fixed soon. :D