The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

My big bro is currently on his LAST deployment with the Navy. I'm so proud of him!

I got an email from him on Thursday saying he was ported in "my neck of the woods." I'm not sure if he was entirely serious or not, but he asked the likelihood of me being able to meet up with him for the weekend. Unfortunately, even though he's really not that far away, it would require a ridiculously inefficient bus route to reach him (so much so that I'd probably miss him entirely) or a $700 plane ticket! And I'd be cutting our camp departure with the kids this week a *tad* too close for comfort.

There's been so much going on lately with work and the kids that I've been insanely homesick for the first time since I've been back, and the fact that he is SO CLOSE yet sooooo very far away is killing me! How fun would it have been to hang out with Ryan on the Adriatic Coast for a day or so! I love spontaneity… until practicality gets in the way. ;)