The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Tuesday, August 5 - Believe it or not, but I get to live HERE!!

We cook and eat all of our meals outside in the "summer kitchen."




Seriously, I don't know how I landed such a BEAUTIFUL house, but I LOVE sitting outside under the grapevines studying Bulgarian or working on my culture homework... its amazing. :)

In addition to two my only-Bulgarian speaking host parents (its awesome, but exhausting!), I live with a whole lotta animals (including the goats that come home at 8:30pm… EVERY night). Malcho and Harry Potter (the kittens – and yes, Harry) are my favorite though!! Whenever things get awkward, or my parents won’t let me help with dinner or clean-up, or I don’t know what to talk about, or I get too tired to translate everything in my head, or they are just too cute to resist, I play with them. Shown here at 7:30 this morning curled up next to an empty bottle of Pirinsko Beer (brewed only a few towns over). So cute...

No comments: