The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Elon University, the U.S. government, or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Friday, October 10, 2008: „Добре Дошла В Самоков!”

Passage of time in Bulgaria baffles me…

In one way, I feel like I just got on a plane this past week, in another, I can't believe I've only been in this beautiful country for barely 2 and a half months.

My biggest fear in coming here has turned out to be one of wasted energy – I did really well on my Language Proficiency Interview! I scored a level higher than the requirement, and in the highest group of trainees (there are many better speakers than me, but they will only score you so high so you have plenty of room to see the improvement as we retest throughout the next two years). God has been reminding me through so many people that this should have been one of my last worries ("it WILL come Katie! How can it not?") but I still managed to stress continually. Another lesson in listening when He's trying to tell me something, huh? I've been getting a lot of those lately… ;P Now I've got 2 whole more years to keep learning!

And yesterday I swore-in under the US Ambassador to Bulgaria as an official United States Peace Corps Volunteer.

Just a few hours later, I was on a bus to my new home: Samokov, Bulgaria!!

1 comment:

Vic and Suebee said...

Congratulations on a good score on your test! :) It is already coming. :)
Kudos!
Suebee :)